Tom Holtz joined CBRE in 1979 after spending six years with Norwest (Wells Fargo) in commercial lending. During his first 10 years with CBRE, Tom focused on office leasing where he honed his value creation skills. In the late 1980s, Tom led the formation of the Twin Cities CBRE Capital Markets team focusing on office and industrial investments nationally. Tom was also one of the founding members of CBRE’s National Institutional Properties Group. Since 1989 Tom has become one of the most respected investment brokers nationally culminating with his induction into The Minnesota Real Estate Hall of Fame in 2018.
Tom is a member of the Institutional Properties Group nationally and is partnered locally with Ryan Watts, Harrison Wagenseil, and Thomas Williams. As an investment professional, Mr. Holtz and the team provide advisory and brokerage services required for complex real estate transactions and investment sales.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- CBRE Capital Markets – Institutional Properties
- National Association of Realtors
- Minnesota Commercial Association of Realtors (MNCAR)
- Licensed Real Estate Broker (Minnesota)
- Mr. Holtz has completed more than $17 billion in transaction consideration value for office, industrial, land and corporate sale/leaseback consulting and sale assignments.
- Minnesota Real Estate Hall of Fame inductee 2018
- NAIOP “Office Broker of the Year”
- 14-time member of the CBRE Colbert Coldwell Circle recognizing top performance nationally
- Bob Jackson Award – 1987; recognizing leadership, integrity and ethical business practice
- William H McCarthy Award – 1997; the highest award within CBRE nationally for recognizing team-work and ethical business practice
- Induction into the University of Minnesota College of Liberal Arts Alumni of Notable Achievement – 2009
- CBRE RISE Award winner for upholding our values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence
- 2008, 10, 11, 13, 15-18: MNCAR Investment Transaction of the Year
- University of Minnesota, Bachelor of Arts: Economics
- American Banker’s Association, National Commercial Lending School, University of Oklahoma